Sunday, January 1, 2012

happy new year

shouldn't i be asleep?

why yes.  yes i should.

lots of heavy thoughts to be lost amongst tonight, i'm afraid.  the lights are dim, peaceful music is driveling in the background, and yet my mind finds no peace.  but at least i'm here.

2012 will come and go - and with hope - many good things will come with it.  it's about time.  it's always about time though, isn't it?  i'll hold onto faith in myself, in my children, and in a few others i hold dear to my heart.  if i'm lucky, unrequited love will topsy turvey itself and become something else tangible.  something i can hold onto, bury my weary head into, and breathe deeply for the first time in a long time.

financial needs will be met, obligations will be cared for, and life will be virtually happy.
these are things i hope for.

and yet, here i am, typing into an empty screen. a little box.  when i could be in bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment