Friday, January 20, 2012

dear nature:


we've known each other for a while.  i've climbed your branches and swam in your streams.  i've buried fallen g.i. joe's in your soil.  i've ran through your woods like a ninja just to capture the flag.  i've sniffed your flowers with appreciation, found bunnies and dragons in your clouds, and left my tongue out in the cold for the sake of catching the first snowflake.  i've stared at your brooding storms with wonderment, danced like a hippie in your rain, and cursed at your desire to freeze things ... like my toes.

i've smeared your earth across my face like war paint, picked your clovers for luck, and rolled around in your grasses on a hot summer day.  i've gone spelunking in your caves, scaled your walls of limestone, and humbled myself on your cliffs near your shores.  your wind-songs have soothed my sadness, your thunder has ignited my soul, and your lightning (frankly) scares the shit out of me.

of all the beautiful things you are, i have but one bone to pick with you:


winter.  make it stop now.


No comments:

Post a Comment